A few updaties:
Almost Maine: is Fin. Oh thank goodness. Afterwards, I will say I missed it a little. I dunno if it was just the stage experience or what, but after spending 2 weeks with a group of people, I suppose you do feel a little melancholy. I made a few friends and I will miss them. Regardless, the most will be doing shows again, so I reckon I shall see them again.
As much as I miss a few, the relief of not being there from 12 to 10 is the best feeling ever.
In general, I felt like it was an okay show. I won't go so far as to say it was amazing and life changing, but the kids could act and I've seen so much worse. (Yes Beauty and the Beast I am talking to you.) Like I said before, my empathy meter to the whole thing was on low, but overall, it was a functional play. Alex, on the other hand, hate, hate, hated it.
Of course, my minuscule, blink-and-miss-it part that you couldn't see because the lights were out is really what gave it any kudos in the first place. :)
So, from the backlash of Almost Maine I have a whole lotta work. I have 2 1/2 pages done on my Aida paper out of 12, and I have 2 days to finish it.
Alack, stress.
Oh, and we had a Lock in, but a detailed explanation of that later. All I will say about the subject for now is:
Dead Deers
Initiation
Biting Robbie AND Sam
Hula Hoop Contests
Matching Tinkerbell Pajamas
Wink and Tangle
BLOWHORN
"Where's our stuff?"
John-Mark attempts spooning. And fails.
"Rachel is so worn out."
A sad attempt at Sardines.
Prison Break.
"I'm so bloody tired." BLOWHORN
And please realize I slept at Scotty's feet the whole time. Slept at... is that not the epitome of pathetic? No wonder everyone thinks I actually like him. Blegh.
*note: I hate Scotty Corbin. I will destroy him.
*second note: ...okay, I don't. It would be like hating myself.
Anyhoo, in other notes:
AIDA AUDITIONS
So, we had Aida auditions. Kelly *added* to the dance, and I thought, hm, FAIL. So I ended up looking like I had the jerks or something. Score. We then sang, and I thought, I could sing this alone, but then I thought, nah, I'll probably freak out. Which I did. When I didn't do it. I shook. A lot. Then acting auditions, and everyone laughed at me. Afterwards Nikki had me sit beside her and she cradled my feelings because she is the only person who has any sense of compassion in this whole group.
...I love you Nikki.
Speaking of my acting audition: I'm right and you're wrong.

Looks at their feet!
Now, a few more things regarding Aida:
1. If I don't get cast, I would like the two following technical jobs: Costume Crew Chief (Mainly, I choose this just because I want someone to clean up the dressing room) and Effie's partner. i.e. I sit in the back with the lights and chill with Ef. And make sure she chooses "stair" light instead of "star" light. Or make sure she doesn't black out in the middle of the song. And we'll probably do the timewarp in the back or something, I dunno. I just want a claim on these positions if the "what if" happens. Hope it doesn't, but I'm marking my turf if it does.
2. There is a conspiracy theory going around that today Scotty is posting the cast list. According to Alex, tis true, but, then again, it is Scotty and we know how he works. What a trickster.
3. I've already figured out my presents that will be sort of like the bird girl baskets.) It's cheep and highly creative, so I relish in it. I just have to find a some of the right stuff...
4. I already have a photo album started for Aida...
And here we goooo
I hope you realize that the best photo of the all (of any photo ever made for that matter) is the one of Effie lurking. Oh, Effie, I love you.
Anyhoo, I need to stop talking about this Aida and start writing 6 more pages about the other Aida. Good day friends, and I await by my email account for ye ol' cast list, be it conspiracy or not.
-Me
Almost Maine: is Fin. Oh thank goodness. Afterwards, I will say I missed it a little. I dunno if it was just the stage experience or what, but after spending 2 weeks with a group of people, I suppose you do feel a little melancholy. I made a few friends and I will miss them. Regardless, the most will be doing shows again, so I reckon I shall see them again.
As much as I miss a few, the relief of not being there from 12 to 10 is the best feeling ever.
In general, I felt like it was an okay show. I won't go so far as to say it was amazing and life changing, but the kids could act and I've seen so much worse. (Yes Beauty and the Beast I am talking to you.) Like I said before, my empathy meter to the whole thing was on low, but overall, it was a functional play. Alex, on the other hand, hate, hate, hated it.
Of course, my minuscule, blink-and-miss-it part that you couldn't see because the lights were out is really what gave it any kudos in the first place. :)
So, from the backlash of Almost Maine I have a whole lotta work. I have 2 1/2 pages done on my Aida paper out of 12, and I have 2 days to finish it.
Alack, stress.
Oh, and we had a Lock in, but a detailed explanation of that later. All I will say about the subject for now is:
Dead Deers
Initiation
Biting Robbie AND Sam
Hula Hoop Contests
Matching Tinkerbell Pajamas
Wink and Tangle
BLOWHORN
"Where's our stuff?"
John-Mark attempts spooning. And fails.
"Rachel is so worn out."
A sad attempt at Sardines.
Prison Break.
"I'm so bloody tired." BLOWHORN
And please realize I slept at Scotty's feet the whole time. Slept at... is that not the epitome of pathetic? No wonder everyone thinks I actually like him. Blegh.
*note: I hate Scotty Corbin. I will destroy him.
*second note: ...okay, I don't. It would be like hating myself.
Anyhoo, in other notes:
AIDA AUDITIONS
So, we had Aida auditions. Kelly *added* to the dance, and I thought, hm, FAIL. So I ended up looking like I had the jerks or something. Score. We then sang, and I thought, I could sing this alone, but then I thought, nah, I'll probably freak out. Which I did. When I didn't do it. I shook. A lot. Then acting auditions, and everyone laughed at me. Afterwards Nikki had me sit beside her and she cradled my feelings because she is the only person who has any sense of compassion in this whole group.
...I love you Nikki.
Speaking of my acting audition: I'm right and you're wrong.

Looks at their feet!
Now, a few more things regarding Aida:
1. If I don't get cast, I would like the two following technical jobs: Costume Crew Chief (Mainly, I choose this just because I want someone to clean up the dressing room) and Effie's partner. i.e. I sit in the back with the lights and chill with Ef. And make sure she chooses "stair" light instead of "star" light. Or make sure she doesn't black out in the middle of the song. And we'll probably do the timewarp in the back or something, I dunno. I just want a claim on these positions if the "what if" happens. Hope it doesn't, but I'm marking my turf if it does.
2. There is a conspiracy theory going around that today Scotty is posting the cast list. According to Alex, tis true, but, then again, it is Scotty and we know how he works. What a trickster.
3. I've already figured out my presents that will be sort of like the bird girl baskets.) It's cheep and highly creative, so I relish in it. I just have to find a some of the right stuff...
4. I already have a photo album started for Aida...
And here we goooo
I hope you realize that the best photo of the all (of any photo ever made for that matter) is the one of Effie lurking. Oh, Effie, I love you.
Anyhoo, I need to stop talking about this Aida and start writing 6 more pages about the other Aida. Good day friends, and I await by my email account for ye ol' cast list, be it conspiracy or not.
-Me
No comments:
Post a Comment