Although I daresay, I do a couple of excuses as to why I haven't written in so long:
A. COLLEGE
B. Job Over Summer
C. Laziness
I'll admit, I've been lazy when it comes to this. But I'll also say that they're have been other things as well. That, and I always have the need to write a whole lotta stuff, so it's best if I do it in one sitting with two hours to spare.
So, let's discuss the one thing everyone always asks:
HOW'S SCHOOL?
School is actually, quite good. I am please to say that I feel as if I fit in with the whole jive of it all. Firstly, I am not in a new situation anymore. Believe it or not, I am actually a rather shy person when thrusted in a completely new situation. It's not longer new; therefore, I no longer care what others think of me. If I want to skip to class wearing a windbreaker and humming showtunes [which happens more than often], so be it. And it's never that I have never been myself; it's just I can express it more openly now.
I participated in my first audition at Western which was [from my perspective, and I'm pretty sure it was in general] a disaster. It was for the program, or whatever, but I bombed it. Here is the adventure of it all.
I was told Monday about this audition; Auditions were friday. No audition; no more participation in the program. Yikes. So, I decided, it was time to overcome all inhabitions and do it. Scrounged up a monologue, practiced it, but, never really had the time to work on it. It wasn't particuarly good; but I had to have SOMETHING. So, the time comes to print my headshot [the day of, mind you.] and everywhere at Wal*Mart was packed. So I headed over to Western, in plans to just print it on the regular printer, when I learn that the library printers are down. If Troy has ever told the story of me when my paper was late and the machine wouldn't take my change and I colapsed in tears in front of it, I was more or less going that direction at this point. God then sent me Chris, who graciously, and without me asking him, took my SD card and drove down to Wal*Mart to print it for me.
So at this point I was still a disaster from the upheavel of it all and nervous, but I made it in time and Chris came back in time with my headshot, but I still want to barf. I feel pretty good until I walk in the doors and then I'm terrified to the upmost. I get up there, do my monologue [which was a disaster in it's self.], and get back "You've got great stage presence." Which I was thankful for right there. Thank God [and I don't mean that in vain] I didn't get something like, "so, what would you do if you didn't get in the program." Yikes.
They gave me some other not so good comments, but still, I was immensly thankful that everything turned out the way it did. I have this theory that we don't fully appriciate things if they are simply handed to us. It's the process that makes us greatful and humble. My whole life is one of processes for some reason; I'm never perfect at something on the first go, sadly.
Shockingly, after this audition, I wasn't depressed or upset or anything. I was elated. Their was hope. I was 100% certain I hadn't got in the program, but I trusted God in whatever may happen, be it yes or no.
But, despite all this, I have delightful news:
I got into the BA Program.
Mind you, it's not the BFA, but, it's the next best thing, and it's progress and hope for me. I am just so thankful I can hardly potray this thankfulness.
In next news, I have three theatre classes [which is all I'm really going to talk about, because they are my favourites, although I shall mention Troy, Me, and Chemistry.]
Ironically, two of these classes involve body and movement. Me + Body Movement = This
So, it's safe and completely honest to say that I am forever ranking in the most corrected student in the class. Although, I will talk about one of my biggest peeves in this point. So many, many kids in that class complain about how they "can't do it," because they have bad knees, or the broke their leg when they were 6, or because of vollyball they can't do this and...
Just shut up.
Why can't people just be honest and say, "I can't do it because I don't understand." You have to at least try it to the upmost. "Can't never could do nothing," to quote my mom. There is lots of stuff I can't do; but it's not because I have some "injury" that has left me forever handicapped. And at least I put my all in trying to make it right.
What has happened to drive? I get in so many groups anymore and they're like, okay, so that's good; let's leave it at that. But I'm like, but let's practice it again. Let's do it again. But no one wants to. Everyone wants to just half-ankle everything. *le sigh*
Anyhoo:
StageMovement:
8 o'clock in the morning. Ugh. But, I wake up at 4. Luckly, this class is only on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I have this with my former acting teacher. Every other day, we learn the following: Stage Combat and Suzki.
Firstly, Stage Combat. Of course, I'm not very good at it. And I'm not fishing, I'm really not. There are a few parts I am good at, but when it comes to boxer stances, and not being "a cartoon," I epically fail. And kicking; I'm terrable at it as well. And I make the goofiest sound effects. I have also been compaired to a worm when I move. *sigh*
But, I think I'm getting better on the hair pull and the choking, and there is one thing that I forget what is, but I actually got a "Good Job," on it. And the soft contact punch is improving.
But I still have to do mine over about 10 times while everyone else does it twice. And I usually get a, "just work on it." But I still have faith in myself and God that we'll get it done.
Secondly; Suzuki.
...
...
...
D:
I realize it'll probably help me later on; and it is fun. But I feel so silly doing it. We spend 3 minutes stomping across the floor, with completely cool faces and hands, while this absurd Asian Swing song plays for us. Then we collapse and get up, slowly, and "like taffy being pulled," we walk across the floor with our arms in poses.
I also the most sucessful in regaining the title of the only one who cannot get the taffything right. I have a stomp to my movement. But I feel as if it getting better... maybe.
We also get in all these strange poses and then we have to recite a line together. Crisply at that too. But mine is always like, "ohsplenderofsunbursttbreakkking...."
O, I'm sure I'm not as bad as I think. But, I'd rather be neutral about it. At least there is always room for improvement in the neutral zone. And DV is truely a good teacher; he makes sure to help me be aware of all my imperfections and tends to have paitence when I keep doing them even though I think I'm not.
Dance:
Modern: is hillarious. We have TUNICS. We have to lead with our bodies; arms follow. Although mine is more like, body leads, and hips follow. It's all this method by Isadora Duncan. I actually, can truely say I'm not that bad in modern. I am rarely corrected in there. But, oddly, I'm not too crazy about it.
We also spend roughly half of Modern Mondays wallowing on the floor. Getting in touch with our, inner energy or something.
We also have all these EXPRESSING EMOTIONS improv exersises. I usually express my desire for food, eatting too much food, the glory of food, and the general radience of food.
Ballet: On the other hand, is so much fun. I have little ballet shoes [they are, my pride and joy], and leotards and all kinds of dancey stuff. I have this terriable habbit though, when I go into my Plie [every time guys], of jutting my rear out. Always corrected on that one. I am also terrable at jumps in fourth, and my arms never tend to do what they are told. And I am usually singled out to do it again. Luckly, I am NEVER embarissed and I am greatful someone is taking time to help me with my inperfections. [Rachel, when did you become so optimistic?!]
And my grand battment is absolutly gorgous if I dare say so my self. And everything is improving it's self DRASTICALLY. Practice, practice, practice.
Make-Up:
I am very good at make-up. I feel great about make-up. It's like, all those hours spent on my huzzy make-up have finally paid off [which I can now inform you all that I can do my everyday make-up at an allarming rate now. No more 2 hours business. 15 minutes tops.]. I can now make myself look old, middle aged, glamorized and today we're doing fantasy (ooo). And I am never supervised. I am always left to my own.
:)
Yay, yay, yay.
These two hands are the tools, and this face is the putty in which they shall make beautiful.
Now: Troy, Me, and Chemistry
If you were to ask me anything about the class, I couldn't tell you anything. Because I am never, ever, paying attention. I admit it. Part 1. Because our teacher really has no idea. Part 2. It's boring, and part 3, Troy. Troy takes it upon himself to draw me various Harry Potters in various situations [always forgeting the lightning bolt and mispelling the spells.] such as Harry Potter as a racecar driver, or Harry Potter sining keroke. Then I make songs up to broadway tunes about his asian heritage [including squinty eyes, and eating cats with chopsticks].
And that's all I have to say about classes [for right now.] I was going to go into my social life, [i.e. I miss Kelly, I miss my job and everyone incorperated in it. Alright, I'll admit, I miss Scotty. And his cuttout. And actually eatting. Chris is a moody beast (okay, so he's not that bad, but he can be cranky. But if he got in bed at a resonable hour, that might solve some of that.), Abigail's my BF (Best friend or Boyfriend, either/or because we did go out on a date.), Alex went to Church with me (twice!), etc.] but I have not the time for it. So, that'll be seperate I reckon. Or it'll go into the other pile that includes the review of Peter Pan. Which is finished, just never posted. :(
Anyhoo, I have 10 minutes and I have to go to Make-Up. Love all around.
-Me
No comments:
Post a Comment