28.3.11

The Parable of the Banana Sandwich

You know sometimes, you just want a banana sandwich; all you want, all you really ask out of life is for a banana sandwich.  You spend all three hours of class dreaming about when you shall get that PB and Bananas sandwich; your tummy growls in desire.  You take a risk; you go to the rarely eatery on campus just so you can get the ever so desired banana sandwich.

Life is about risks; unfortunately, you never know where they are going to lead.

You walk into said sandwich shop and say "I would like a peanut butter and banana sandwich, please."

Sadly, they have no bananas.

This throws a wrench in your plan.

What are you to do?

You could settle with a PB&J.  Or go and buy your own bananas and make your own sandwich.

OR, you can wait.

See the thing is; perhaps you weren't meant to have a banana sandwich right now.  Perhaps that banana sandwich wouldn't be appreciated right now.  Maybe if you had it right now it would end in a weird rash or in the toilet, thus soiling your chances of ever wanting a banana sandwich again.

Friday; they have no bananas.  Today they did.  I'm glad I waited, because this is the best banana [peanut butter/cinnamon,/honey] sandwich I have ever had.  Although it is also the messiest sandwich I've ever had and typing while eating isn't the brightest thing I've ever done, NO MATTER, because it is totally worth it.

Because I believe God can work in something as uninteresting as banana sandwiches:
Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.
Psalms 27:14

-Me

No comments: