22.4.08

One Short Day

...



I saw Wicked Saturday.



What I thought: owuearwiokuerokajsdofiuwoiejrlweje....ahmazing. It was the best production I have ever seen. Now that might not be saying much (the only other shows I have seen are Phantom of the Opera, Cats and Mamma Mia) but I literally think it is the best thing I have ever seen in my life. I cried like crazy when Elphaba started to defy gravity, and sobbed when the stupid monkey said "Here, Miss Glinda." The set was awesome; I kept thinking how Effie would make the dragon. I concluded that it would include a lot of blue board. The fact that they made it all in the clock style was neat. And the fact she lives at the end...how b-e-a-utiful. I will admit that the songs were not my favourite part: they sort of just stood there. But I daresay it was more interesting than The Little Mermaid. Please Ursala, so more than shake your tentacles. Wicked had a fantastic plot, wonderful effects, great singing (our Galinda sounded identical to Kristen Chenoweth.) and delightful costumes. I got the Broadway bumps countless times and me and Abigail held hands in anticipation of it all. I bought a poster, witch (ha, cheesy pun) is up in my room RIGHT NOW. I am still not insane over the music, but it is growing on me.



I give it 4 and a half stars. Maybe 4 and 3/4ths. Oh what the heck: FIVE STARS!!!



And get this: Rent is coming to the theatre we went to. Best part: They are having Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp in it. The originals. How fun. Or at least that is what it said on the pamphlet.

iwoueorwiaueoue...soooo excited.

-me.

No comments: