
Yes Snape, I'm happy too. Not that weird sort of happy as you appear to be showing though...
Anywho... guess what TODAY is.
*coughmybirthdaycough*
Tis right. On September 20th, 1990, the date momma picked for my her c-section because it was Yom Kippur, a Jewish holiday, I came into this world. Mom says it was the second happiest day in her life (the first being saved) but I'm not too sure she's telling the truth.
18 years (yuck) later today, and I am the strong, confident, beautiful woman I am today.
I just lied.
Since this is my birthday, I think I will look back at my favourite moments in my life:
1. 7th Grade, NCHPFC (North Carolina Harry Potter Fan Club). In the start of 7th grade and before that, I hated Harry Potter. I drew countless pictures of 'Hairy Potty' and made fun of everyone who loved it. This year, this was all my friends would talk about, but I was stubborn about liking it. So, once I felt this way, my dad bought me the movie. And I watched it. And it was beautiful. I think I cried a little afterwards.
Soo, I read the series. And we made a club. The NCHPFC. Compete with wizard boot camp and initiation ceremony. (my idea included blood and candles. We didn't use it.)
Sadly, people grow up and change. 8th grade rolled around, and I was still stuck in Hogwarts while everyone else was in MMS. We lost all are members...except me and Abigail, and the only reason she stayed was for me. So I wrote many a newsletter to myself, planned parties for myself, and essentially was alone with Harry. Sad days. But on a crisp autum day, I can still remeber sitting at the school discussing Harry. And it fills my heart with joy. That and that time I yelled out "OMG He's gay! He has a ribbon in his hair!" at the second Harry Potter movie. Never lived that one down.
2.
No comments:
Post a Comment