As everyone should know, last Saturday was my birthday. The big 1-8, and what a birthday it was! The best birthday of my life started with me sitting in the parking lot 30 minutes early. After Amanda showed up I had someone to talk to. Then Nikki, Effie and the other one showed up. Effie refused to let me in the door, and I was ushered to the back where I found my care package. A set of butterfly wings, a tiara, a wand (I LOST MY WAND!!), Mickey and Minnie figurines, a bag of Sour Patch kids, a bag of Pixie Sticks, a little bitty book for scrapbooking my birthday, a Magndoodle, some pens, a pair of sunglasses, clip on earrings and a GABRIELLA BARBIE DOLL!11! From High School MUSICAL!1!
And…a Susan Pons shirt for my cat. (Because they're republicans...)
Smudge was okay with it. It didn't bother him THAT much...Gracie on the other hand:
...was not. You can also tell it doesn't fit. At all.
After I had been instructed that I HAD to wear the wings and crown all day, we sandwiched in the car and went to Chic-Fil-A. I had a sandwich and a chocolate shake, which I ordered seriously as I waved my wand. I then finished off Nikki and Scotty’s fries.
Off we were to the MALL OF GEORGIA to shoppie-poo. Ahmazzing time… it’s been a while since I have had that much fun at a mall. We went to vitamin store, and saw, interesting man vitamins, then Nikki and Amanda took forever in New York and Company. But it was okay, because I like them. And besides, if Scotty, Effie and I hadn’t been sitting outside, we wouldn’t have run into TROY!
He was there with his cousin seeing a Jabberwocky thing (surprisingly Jabberwocky isn’t underlined in red for Spell Check…hm...) and he talked to us for a while. Insulted me first, then talked. His cousin later that day randomly offered me a sip of his drink. ?...
We then broke up, me and Effie going to dELiA*s to get some PURPLE SKINNY JEANS and some boring normal skinny jeans, and thanks to her persisting I try them on, I got the right size. They are soo amazing. We then went to Old Navy and I got a yellow shirt and a teal shirt with a stain glass looking tree, and it is ever so neat. And I got to use momma’s Old Navy credit card! Credit cards are super easy… perhaps mom will let me borrow one next time I go shopping. ..hee hee.
Anywho, Effie and I were sort of hungry and thirsty so we raided the sample trays (they always serve the same chicken) and I went outside and got a Sprite. Once I spilled it all over my hands, I washed them in the fountain outside while some people from Spain took pictures in front of the fountain. Effie and I then managed to lose the bottle cap…not sure how. We met up with Scotty and went to the Disney Store (where else?) where I got a 99 cent Arial sandwich box. Huzzah!
It was somewhere between sharing Scotty’s raisin bagel and lamenting over the vest I couldn’t buy that we heard of the adventure we would soon have to embark on. After already getting three agile sweater vests (I know one was a mix of black, red and grey. Imagine that.) someone was persistent about getting a brown blazer from Banana Republic that another mall was holding for him.
30 minutes later we are at North Point mall. A great place that was completely white and looked like a greenhouse. We played in the Apple Store (Everything Apple = Awesome.) which was amazing fun. Scotty got his blazer, Nikki got a jacket she had been wanting for forever and Nikki and I rode the glass elevator, where we then lost everyone else. It was then we went to:
Bahama Breeze!
And how wonderful it was! I had never ate there before, and it was all so magical. First, I had a coke. Then a salad with fabulous citrus vinaigrette. Cuban bread with tomatoes and cheese on top. And JERK CHICKEN PASTA. And it was FABULOUS! It was spicy and Italian all at the same time, and I felt as if my taste buds were having a party. It was at this eating, Effie gave me my present. Hilarious card about how weird smells and theatre go hand in hand (alas, it is true.) and a present wrapped in wood. I had to unscrew it when I got home. Way to be creative Effie. In it, wrapped in Little Mermaid wrapping paper (HOW DID SHE KNOW?) was two awesome and funk-ay belts. So, thank you Effie! I kept the box, and the paper, and the card, and the belts, and the envelope…
After we finished eating, Nikki took two running fits through the parking lot, then successfully drove her cars without the keys. We then went to World Market, which was the neatest store ever. So much crafty and unique stuff, it’s hard to explain how cool it was to me. It reminded me of my second favorite movie ever, The Darjeeling Limited.
Coming home, I talked incessantly while everyone else sort of slept. I like to talk. A lot. And the coke was getting to my system. Caffeine, caffeine. As you can tell from my, dysfunctional looking picture, I wasn’t all there at the moment.
Wow, this is a loooong blog! But it was all so fun, it hurts me to leave out some things. Like Scotty reading my blog off his phone to the car and the five solid minutes of laughter following my gorgeous picture (I blinked funny while he was taking it…). Another moment in my life gone…so many possibilities left. :)
And that was cheesy…LIEKS MY JERK CHICKEN PASTA! W/ A BUTTLOAD OF PARMAJAN!
-Me
No comments:
Post a Comment