In this, I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm not saying I'm right (even though I am.) but I am stating exactly how I feel, and thank GOD (and I mean it.) that you can not interrupt.
Before I start, let me state something. I am not a perfect Christian. Actually, I think I'm pretty lousy. I bend to some temptation far to easily, and I dare say it's not anything I'm proud of. In fact, I should probably be on a one way trip to Hell about right now. But, thankfully, God had mercy and I accepted his gift and now I get to go to Heaven instead. Needless to say, I'm still not worth it.
This reminds me of something else, and I realized it's going to lead right into my discussion. Do you know how many people tell me, "I'm saved!" yet they party, drink, have premarital sex, and SUPPORT issues wrongly. I'm not saying you are not saved, because I do not know. That's between you and God. (But if you have any doubt, you should be dropping to your knees right now and making it right.) But, what I don't get, is why there isn't any DESIRE to change. You realize, when you accept Jesus, that desire to do sinful things is gone? You WANT to please Jesus, that's the goal. You want to give up all that stuff and live life for him. Not to say temptation will not strike you, and not to say that you will not give in. But to want to stop that behavior, to do anything to be like Jesus, that my friends, is being saved. And then their is backsliding from Jesus, and that's a WHOLE different story. I'll explain it one day...
Which brings up, why, if you are a saved, if Jesus has touched you so much that you do not want to live your life sinfully, how could you ever vote for a man who is for abortion and for gay marriage. And don't give me the bull about the "economy." Let me tell you something, GOD WILL PROVIDE. Shall I repeat? GOD WILL PROVIDE! I'm not saying that we will always have the finest. I'm not saying that we won't have to eat cabbage soup for five years. But regardless, IF you put your trust in the him, GOD WILL PROVIDE. You can live without Xbox 360, a candy bar a day, coffee, and fast cars. There is a difference between wants and needs, and God will supply the needs.
You may think Obama's economy plan is brilliant. But, what about his stand on abortion and gay marriage. Abortion should not be a CHOICE. Life starts at conception. There are alive things in this world and there are dead things in this world, and that is the divide. And you can't tell me that a baby starts out dead and then becomes alive. And when you end something that is alive, that is considered murder. No one can argue with that. But they can say, "well it's the mothers body..."
Momma knows what makes her pregnant. Momma made a choice, and has a responsibility. What is nine months to a lifetime? To give something life? If that life wasn't meant to be, then that's up to God. It's not up to Momma - who's so selfish that she doesn't want to carry a baby for 9 measly months - to place death upon her child. It is God's to decide who lives and dies. A baby is a living a creature, and someone has to defend it from death. And abortion does not.
And yes, I am aware that woman will find some means of aborting, so keep the system so she won't die, right? Well, the baby is dying either way, legally or not legally. Is that okay? It's not okay by the Bible... is it okay by you?
Gay marriage. Being gay is a SIN. It's in the bible is speaks against it for it is a sin. BUT, the sin of being gay is equal in God's eyes to lying to your mother or committing murder. All sins are equal in God's eyes. Everybody sins. Does this make it okay. Noooo. Sinning is not okay. Can gay people be saved? Yesss... but, that revolves all around that wanting to live for Jesus, and fighting against temptation is something that is present in a saved person. Homosexuality is a temptation just like anything else. The devil knows your weaknesses and he pesters you about it. Grates you. Talks you into things... "well maybe I AM gay." He does to everyone, saved and non-saved. Sometimes you take a stand... sometimes, you don't. It all depends how strong you to get past it. And that's the wonderful thing about God. HE HELPS YOU GET PAST IT! You don't have to go through temptation alone... isn't that fantastic! He helps you! Homosexuality is nothing more than succumbing to sin, just like getting drunk or having sex before marriage. Or like telling a lie or getting jealous. It's all the a same in Gods eyes. Just because it's all the same, does that make it any less wrong? No.
Marriage is sacred. It's between a man and a woman, and it was not intended to be any other way. If you want to get extremely technical about it, tab a fits into slot b. Why acknowledge sin, let it seem acceptable? There is no reason.
I'm pretty sure I covered EVERYTHING that I wanted to. America is going downhill, and frankly, the answer isn't McCain OR Obama. It's God. Which brings up one more tiny, tiny, TINY, thing I want to bring up. It is speculated that Obama is against Israel. For me, just that sort of speculation is enough to make me say no way. Do you have any idea how scary that is? The day America turns her back on Israel, is the day that it REALLY goes downhill. You think we have it bad now? Well, that's just *sigh* another step forward to Operation: Rapture. The Isrealites are God's chosen, and to go against them...ah. And proof of that is if you look back at any war, anyone who was for Isreal won. God is on their side.
I'm not saying Obama is against it or not. I'm just saying what would happen if he was.
I suppose this is what it ALL boils down to.
I'm a Christian first. A Republican second.
They go hand in hand, in my opinion. I'm not saying you're not a Christian if you vote for Obama (but you're obviously not voting by your religion.) I am not saying you're a bad person or anything. I know, "separation of church and state." Well guess what? I CAN'T do that. Jesus is (and should be) the most important thing ever, and to put him first means you have to sacrifice somethings. In return you get eternal life, no illness, and a happiness and all over peace that is unbelievable. Salvation and mercy. It's your choice. I know I'm not going to change your mind, and you sure as well are not going to change mine. But it's just some food for thought. I nearly cringe at the plethora of hate mail that will be awaiting me. But after all this is my blog, my personal space, and you didn't have to hit the button.
And I just realized that I forgot to actually post any bible verses! Silly me! I would now if I had my bible with me, but sadly I'm at school and I do not. (See, I'm not perfect! I don't have a single verse memorized!) If you are absolutely certain that I am wrong about the proof in the Bible, then leave me a comment and I'll be sure to post those bad boys up in another post.
-Me
Pee.Ess.
As if I can't shut up. Everyone who keeps telling me Obama is going to win and how does it feel? Well, I'm accepting. But, I dare say he's just a fad. To quote my dearest Uncle, "his poop smells just as bad as yours does." (there goes my vow to never make a poop joke.) But needless to say, even if you think Obama has it in the bag, well, you may be wrong. If it's God's will, then yes he does. If it isn't, then you can be prepared for a McCain presidency. And if that's not his will either, then Huzzah to Ralph Nader. God is still in control regardless and there is still a way your precious Obama could lose. Don't underestimate God's power because that's when it gets ugly. :P
2 comments:
Even though Nader isn't running this year genius. :D
Ahahahaha...anyway, this is a super good, intelligent blog. Congratulations on being smart, and halfway nice about things.
Oh and I liked the poop joke; it reminded me of our early days.
actually he is running... I just need to set this straight. LIke I said, I'm right, you're wrong. :D
And thanks. Poop jokes ARE my childhood.
Post a Comment