So, once I'm a little behind in my acting journals I had to catch up. In them I am supposed to chart my journey as an actor. First of...

I was puzzled. Journey as an actor. So I thought. And I pulled out some of the most poetic crap in the world:
"It’s one thing to mimic, it’s another to BECOME. To create a character. Perhaps this is why I lose focus. I mimic and don’t become. I feel like my best acting happens when I listen to a musical and sing along. Especially with the ones I know the story to. Perhaps I have already analyzed these characters and their emotions come naturally because I become more of what they are"
Look, I don't know. Have you ever heard that saying about pulling it out of your *#$? Well, that's essentially what I did. I have two whole pages like this analyzing stuff. Some of it is true, some I already knew, some may actually help me but to think of it so methodically...

Makes my brain hurt.
Other than that, class was fun. We are doing this exercise where we do nothing. You know when someone calls you up and they ask what you're doing and you say "nothing." But technically you are doing something. Well we have to do nothing. I'm going to put my pants on. Like in the morning. Pull them up and their too big (and I get my foot caught in them because they are holy) then I get a too tight pair and have to lay on the floor and button them. So I look for an appropriate pair and some are dirty and some have no butt and then I'm late, and sheesh, I just throw on a pair and they are perfect. So I grab my keys and go.
It's better than watching people floss their teeth. Believe me.
And I have an objective (getting the right pants), and action (trying on pants), a circumstance (it's morning because I'm yawning, I have to check the watch to be sure I have enough time, etc.) and I have an obstacle (all my pants look bad and I can't find a good pair.)
This is what I do in Acting. Its fun in an odd sort of "nothing" way. No it's not getting up on stage in beehive wigs and ignoramus glasses. But I suppose this will help some way with my serious acting *guffaw* that I do need to improve. Their is always room for improvement.
But "nothing" isn't as fun as being goofy and...
HAVING A FUN TIME.
Yes, that's Pocahantas in the background. Whatever.
Anyhoo, our water has frozen again so more heating water and dumping pots over my head for a bath (don't worry, I dump lots of pots.) and filling up the toilet manually in the back. Its kind of funny the difference in how mom and I deal. At 1:30 yesterday night my mom wakes me up in hysterics with "The water's frozen, I had been so careful, it's so cold, I had been so careful, etc., I have been so careful," and I just turn over and say "Oh no."
This morning mom takes her pot bath and deals. I take mine and complain and whine the whole time. We'll take baths down at Dad's tonight but pot bathing is no fun I say. None at all.
And some other stuff happened but I'll discuss it later. Whatever.
-Me
1 comment:
I saw your mom at lunch today!!!
Post a Comment