9.4.09

Heavenly Aida, mystical garland of light and flowers...?

Some "while I wait for mom to come out of the grocery store" musings:

Sevy looks so nice since I have cleaned him out. I vacuumed and everything. He's very appreciative; I can tell by his hum.

It's not a pleasant sort of felling when you go to wipe Subway sandwich off your mouth, when suddenly you realize the napkin has a different texture. You then realize that you happened to puck up the blackened dirt rag you had forgotten to take out when you cleaned your car.

What's even worse than this, perhaps, is when your adapter for your iPod is tore up and you're stuck choosing from the collection of cassettes the former owner of Sevy gave you because she didn't want them. The choices? Van Morrison, Lynda Ronstadt, Paul Simon and Beethoven. I went with Lynda and sort of regret it.

Sort of.

But it fun to go around all of Franklin in this beautiful weather blaring Beethoven. Alas, the looks you get.

For something completely unrelated, I have a 12 page paper due in English at the end of the semester. For some odd reason the idea of Harry Potter and Morality wasn't "sophisticated" enough, although Tolkien and his Elfin Language and Dr. Seuss' Political Messages are. Huh. She even bothered to ask me "Who cares?"

I care. Theology majors care. English majors care. Harry Potter fans care. Concerned Christian parents care. Crazy book burning Christian parents care. Other parents care. Everyone cares. I mean, they've written tons of books on this subject; I can't see how it isn't important.

But this didn't suit her. She wanted something that would be beneficial to my future. So she asked my my major was and my future job plans. I told her Drama Teacher/Heir/Dictator, etc. and she said "perfect." So now, I get to do something about a play.

Still not that bad.

So, I'm doing Aida. Taking the opera opera and the new musical and analyzing and comparing, hidden meanings, the story, etc. etc. Whatever. Checked out the opera, and *snort* it's great.

This would be Radames:
...bwahahahahahahahha.
Well, at least we know someone won't have to go to the gym to get ready for the show. Not that he would anyway...

Here are some of this hilarious lyrics:

And here is Amneris, looking like something from a Cher concert:
And this is sort of as far as I've got. So like, within 12 minutes or something.
It's not very exciting.
Imagine.

Anyhoo, the report should be interesting, even though it's next to impossible to find any scholarly books on the musical version of Aida. I'll Amazon it or something, but I'm really suffering here.

On some other notes, Harry Potter news sites are reaaallly suffering. The news consits of "J.K. Rowling resigns from MS Society Scotland." And I say, who cares? I would rather them post nothing but things I care about like new books, or movie stills, or the *squee* theme park. But this? I care not.

But I despise J.K. Rowling. I know, it makes no sense. Whatever.

And my mother just ate some 2002 expired oatmeal. It clumped up and after the first few bites she stopped and said it tasted odd. We're kind of hoping it had weevils in it. "Yummy yummy, I've got weevils in my tummy," is an exact quote.

*sigh*

-Me

Pee.Ess. JACKPOT!

No comments: