In news not directly related to me:
Spring Awakening is being made into a movie
I'm kind of, sort of, not really fond of this musical. Music: good. Theme: bad bad baddy bad. It's like a gigantic teenage angst drama set in ancient Germany or something. All the same, we all know I'll be at the theater.
After all, not much can be worse than Mamma Mia!
Zac Efron: NO MORE FOOTLOOSE D:
WHAT? You and Daniel Radcliff wanting to create a new image for yourself. *sigh* Silly Zaquisha, do you not know that you are forever indebted to HSM? It created you. And I say much of the same thing to you DanRad. You are forever Harry Potter (at least in my mind...)
Speaking of Zac and Daniel parallels:
Pants off to gratious nudity!
Everyone is prepping up for Aida as of right now on the Overlook side of things. All us teenagers (hold on a second; I'm 18. I'm an adult. *snort*) are going crazy. I've [almost] got the audition dance down pat, except for the rhythm (Rhythm!? What is this rhythm you speak of?!) but, at least I have the moves down... right? Anyhoo, I can hardly wait and, with my almost official job at the Dessert Factory this summer I can just shimmy on over to the SMACPAC and party with buttons and what not. YEAH!
And today as I went into the scene shop Luther and some guy took time out of class to play us a concert with a harmonica and a fiddle respectively. They were both good, but I couldn't help but reflect on the randomness of it all. I mean, who does that?
Besides Uncle Scotty, the piano, and his Broadway/Disney songs and my singing "Memory" at the top of my lungs. But we hardly count as odd.
In other, other, other news, I won't be seeing any of you for 2 whole weeks much. Working tech for "Almost Maine" here at WCU for practicum hours. Happy? No. But the actors were loving enough: they all got us a bottle of Sunpop. Small cast; they seem weird enough. As for skill, not too bad. There were parts where I should have been laughing/crying and I did neither throughout the whole production, but hey, whatever, they're not bad. It's a cute play in general although I'm not sure if it's something I'm going to like watching as many times as I'll have to. Although rehearsals are from 6:30 to about 9:30 and by the time I get home it's 10, so technically, I now live at Western. Fortunately Jenny shall sacrifice her dorm services when necessary and I am pleased for this. Besides these times I have to be there around 12:00 on Sundays, so you know what that means: no church. Miffed? Yes. Does that matter. No.
And I have to dress in stupid winter clothes. To move things backstage. So take the amount I sweat now and multiply it by 10,000. It may not be snowing on stage, but it definantly will be raining.
Anyway, they should probably be dressed warmer because, technically it's Maine (hm, how about that!) and it would be sort of cool for them to have a snow machine but I'm not judging, I'm not, I swear.
...whatever. Judge for yourself.
ANDD GUESSS WHATTT?
And here's an explanation. SO THIS IS ESSENTIALLY LIKE CHRISTMAS COMING EARLY.
I really should buy me another Harry Potter shirt. All mine are like, from the fourth movie and from a time when shorter shirts were in. And I need longer shirts because I have a huge torso.... sooo...
HARRY POTTER IS COMING OUT JULY 15TH AH.
So many preparations.
Speaking of which, if everyone remembers my previous audio problems in my car (lack of iPod adapter, Linda Ronstadt, etc.) I am delighted to say I have found a temporary answer to this problem of nothing to listen to by checking out Half Blood Prince on audio tape.
Jim Dale (who was from Barnum. Which is the worst Broadway. Ever.) does the voices and its... concerning? Yeah, I'll go with that. Because:
Spring Awakening is being made into a movie
I'm kind of, sort of, not really fond of this musical. Music: good. Theme: bad bad baddy bad. It's like a gigantic teenage angst drama set in ancient Germany or something. All the same, we all know I'll be at the theater.
After all, not much can be worse than Mamma Mia!
Zac Efron: NO MORE FOOTLOOSE D:
WHAT? You and Daniel Radcliff wanting to create a new image for yourself. *sigh* Silly Zaquisha, do you not know that you are forever indebted to HSM? It created you. And I say much of the same thing to you DanRad. You are forever Harry Potter (at least in my mind...)
Speaking of Zac and Daniel parallels:
Pants off to gratious nudity!
Everyone is prepping up for Aida as of right now on the Overlook side of things. All us teenagers (hold on a second; I'm 18. I'm an adult. *snort*) are going crazy. I've [almost] got the audition dance down pat, except for the rhythm (Rhythm!? What is this rhythm you speak of?!) but, at least I have the moves down... right? Anyhoo, I can hardly wait and, with my almost official job at the Dessert Factory this summer I can just shimmy on over to the SMACPAC and party with buttons and what not. YEAH!
And today as I went into the scene shop Luther and some guy took time out of class to play us a concert with a harmonica and a fiddle respectively. They were both good, but I couldn't help but reflect on the randomness of it all. I mean, who does that?
Besides Uncle Scotty, the piano, and his Broadway/Disney songs and my singing "Memory" at the top of my lungs. But we hardly count as odd.
In other, other, other news, I won't be seeing any of you for 2 whole weeks much. Working tech for "Almost Maine" here at WCU for practicum hours. Happy? No. But the actors were loving enough: they all got us a bottle of Sunpop. Small cast; they seem weird enough. As for skill, not too bad. There were parts where I should have been laughing/crying and I did neither throughout the whole production, but hey, whatever, they're not bad. It's a cute play in general although I'm not sure if it's something I'm going to like watching as many times as I'll have to. Although rehearsals are from 6:30 to about 9:30 and by the time I get home it's 10, so technically, I now live at Western. Fortunately Jenny shall sacrifice her dorm services when necessary and I am pleased for this. Besides these times I have to be there around 12:00 on Sundays, so you know what that means: no church. Miffed? Yes. Does that matter. No.
And I have to dress in stupid winter clothes. To move things backstage. So take the amount I sweat now and multiply it by 10,000. It may not be snowing on stage, but it definantly will be raining.
Anyway, they should probably be dressed warmer because, technically it's Maine (hm, how about that!) and it would be sort of cool for them to have a snow machine but I'm not judging, I'm not, I swear.
...whatever. Judge for yourself.
ANDD GUESSS WHATTT?
And here's an explanation. SO THIS IS ESSENTIALLY LIKE CHRISTMAS COMING EARLY.
I really should buy me another Harry Potter shirt. All mine are like, from the fourth movie and from a time when shorter shirts were in. And I need longer shirts because I have a huge torso.... sooo...
HARRY POTTER IS COMING OUT JULY 15TH AH.
So many preparations.
Speaking of which, if everyone remembers my previous audio problems in my car (lack of iPod adapter, Linda Ronstadt, etc.) I am delighted to say I have found a temporary answer to this problem of nothing to listen to by checking out Half Blood Prince on audio tape.
Jim Dale (who was from Barnum. Which is the worst Broadway. Ever.) does the voices and its... concerning? Yeah, I'll go with that. Because:
- Bellatrix and Narcissa sound Italian, for, some, reason.
- Dumbledore sounds like he's going to die any minute (Hm, how ironic!)
- It is so hilarious to hear Jim Dale trying to do female voices. He has a great narrator voice, but gee, to here him try to get all high pitch like Hermione with the I failed everything flail is made of fail all on it's own. And Ginny sounds like a man. But I hate Ginny so it's okay.
- Snape sounds like a chain smoker. And less malicious and more drawing. For some reason I imagine him sitting in a high back chaired and stroking a cat. And wearing a turban. I dunno. Which reminds me of Draco. Who reminds me of... I don't know what, it's just bad.
- Just a side note: Voldemort is probably the dweebiest villain ever. "LETS SMASH SOME BRIDGES! THAT'S EVIL, RIGHT?! YEAH!" I mean, who does that?
- And I had to stop the tape when I heard Jim Dale's Fleur voice. I died.
- Lastly, Tonks sounds way too perky.
- Never mind, this is lastly: How we are first introduced to Harry.
Whatever, I'm done.
-Me
No comments:
Post a Comment