Regarding: College.
For some reason, I am totally in love with college. I dunno why to be honest, because there is no actual reason other than I'm incandescently happy when I am there. I do adore my classes (Ya'll, I'm better at a rapier than I thought.) theatre and otherwise. I make 100s on everything in communications, I'm a wiz at sociology, and I can actually move sort of in sync with everyone else. (Wait, WHAT?) Yadda, yadda, I'm a genius essentially, etc., etc.
I packed my lunch the other day because I was in school from 8 to 5 with no break (...ugh.) and it was the most adorable thing you've ever seen. I had my Mickey Mouse lunch box, with my Ariel sandwich box. Inside this box was a dinosaur shaped sandwich. I had a little giraffe container with grapes, Disney Princess fruit snacks and a juice box. I felt like I was 7, but it was worth it because it was delicious.
PS. My sandwich was peanutbutter and jelly. Mixed. To perfection.
Anyhoo, we had make up and we were dealing with crepe hair. A little known fact is that, other than my nudiphobia, I also have a fear of hair wads and or anything that has to do with fake hair. Abigail, when we were little, she would take it out of Barbie brushes and rub it all over my legs and it was the singularly most creepy thing ever. To reinforce this issue, she sends my pictures of hairwads. Gah, they are creepy. So in class I about had a conniption fit within, but I did it and it was gross, gross, gross and let's not talk about it anymore mkay?
Blegh *shiver*
So today in communications we had this little nugget on persuading things. I thought she wanted an actual cause on something to persuade. So I found an actual cause... I was pretty much the only one.
While everyone was doing speeches on flip flops, chapstick, Snuggies, boxer/briefs, iPhones vs Blackberries I got up there and did corporal punishment and how it should not be illegalized.
And then to pretty much go against everything I just said my teacher said to not spank a kid in public. Thanks.
Still made a 100. I'M LUCKY.
Speaking of Snuggies, I am now the proud owner of one. I really have two objectives in buying it: 1. it was on sale and it'll keep me warm, and 2. I want wear it and do a dance to Mika's Love Today (Google it. It's my theme song.).
I got mother one for Christmas. Hers is pink. Mine is blue. They really are worth the investment although I am going to lament to the Snuggie corporation that they need a snap upon the back because it keeps falling off my shoulders.
I also bought the mystery egg and you put it in water and it hatches some creature and you don't know what it is until it hatches, but mine was a dino. I was sad because I wanted a lizard or a duck, but i was just grateful that it wasn't a snake. I wouldn't have minded the gator so much though.
Back to persuasive speeches, I realized once on one wants to hear about corporal punishment I'm going to do my BIG persuasive speech one one thing: Don't read Twilight.
Which leads us right into...
Regarding: TWILIGHT.
So, why do I say this? Because of the negative messages it sends girls. And she actually is letting me do it. I'll try to ignore that I have read it. And that I love it. Hypocrisy is crazy. But, you know what, I have evidence (yes, like Academic Journals on the subject), so lets run with it.
New Moon is soon upon us. I have no idea when I'm going to see it, but Iam going to dress up am going to see it. I guess.
Alice remains awesome. AWESOME. My gosh, I'm so excited to see her steal that porche. And be awesome. AWESOME.
Anyhoo, some links regarding the phenomenon:
New Moon Review
My hope has been renewed
Burger King and Twilight Join Forces: Because That Makes Perfect Sense
...okay, so I do want a crown.
Robert Pattinson Fan Hospitalized After Poster Fight
To quote the article: "We've witnessed first hand just how dedicated and, erm, excitable Robert Pattinson fans can be, but we're still shocked that one of them ended up in hospital after having a fight over a poster! A poster? Not even the real thing? Or a life-size cutout at least?"
It wasn't even for a twilight review. It was for some documentary called Robobsessed. Seriously.
Guys, my pity for Robert Pattinson is absolutely ridiculous. God bless him. Seriously. I would also like to note that I liked him back in HP years when he played Ced. I was in love with him then. When you sit through 3 hours of Vanity Fair at 1 in the morning so you can see the back of his head, I call that commitment. (Mind you, I was 15.) And I cry every time he dies in GoF. EVERYTIME. Especially when Amos is like, THAT'S MY SON. I mean, COME ON. If you don't cry at that, you have, literally, no heart.
I just don't like him as Edward as well. But he has been the sort of, bridge crossing between Harry and Twilight. So when the Twihards say "Well we have Robert Pattinson," we can be like, "um, so do we. Along with that we have an actual plot, an alternate world, likable and real characters, decent writing, plethoras of imagination, oh, and Alan Rickman."
At this point we are in the Department of Mysteries and we are stepping through door number whatever to go into:
Regarding: HARRY POTTER
So, *sigh* there is this application I have been introduced to multiple times on Facebook. It's like MobWars but a, *sigh* Harry Potter version.
Need I remind you all that I am amazing at MobWars (apparently humility is not my thing today.) but it has got rather tiring keeping up with it. After all, I don't really know anything about guns. And keeping up with the Mafia is really not so much my thing... but the game it's self is fun. Add these concepts with Harry Potter... genius.
This is called...wait for it...
The SCHOOL OF WIZARDRY.
*facepalm*
I have A LOT of issues with it. Firstly, does it take that much effort to call it "Hogwarts?" I know, I know, copyright infringement, etc, etc, but can you not smack a disclaimer on it? Have a page of advertisements to keep it up and running instead of having to buy those dumb hall passes. Speaking of which... hall passes? Really? House Points is more the token if you ask me. Just saying.
Adding to this, they can't say 'Hogwarts' but they can say, 'Diagon Alley,' 'Quidditch,' 'Tom Riddle,' and all the spell names? Perhaps my biggest moment of disgust was when I saw 'Platform 9 1/2.'
ARGH. If you HAVE to get creative with it at least call it 'Platform 9 6/8' OR SOMETHING. At least that reduces to 3/4. CREATIVITY YA'LL. IT'S DEAD.
Secondly, the lessons. I'm so glad I have to complete the lesson "Accept Letter To Hogwarts" 150 thousand times before I master it. Really? I can just see myself. "Finding letter, looking at address, open letter, read, dance of joy..." and I have to do it 150 thousand times. This doesn't make sense. It just, it just doesn't.
My suggestion is to do actual lessons that you would actually do more than once. Like the mastering of transforming a beetle into a button. It would take practice, so technically, an attempt would take 150 times and it WOULD MAKE SENSE.
But what throws me is the stuff I have to buy to even do half these "lessons." Like, why do I even need a Sorting Hat to try out for the Quidditch team? Or why do I need 5 wands or 4 robes. I can see why I would need multiple spells for SPELL POWA but, seriously, I just don't get it. I just, I just dont.
WHO EVEN OWNS 8 YEW WANDS IN THE WIZARDING WORLD. 8 YEW WANDS; TO THEMSELVES. NO ONE.
Why do I even need a yew wand? That's the VMasters wand.
What floors me the most is that I'm a third year and I already own 16 pieces of real estate. More importantly, when was buying real estate ever important in Harry Potter? Other than the Weasley Twins, it never was. And you can buy 10 of their jokeshops... for whatever reason.
Another thing that bothers me is that after a while you can upgrade your character, from the initial ones you have. The ones offered are Harry, Ron and Hermione. Ron was my choice, but with so many *scoff* hall passes you can upgrade. So, I know Draco is an option, but I have NO IDEA who the other four are supposed to be. This bothers me, because I'm like, the Harry Potter genius. Before you tell me who you think they are, I remind you that they are all Gryfindors. I would say the small girl was Ginny, but she looks more blonde so I simply do not know. IT'S KILLING ME.
Saying all this, and lamenting on how very much I hate the imprefections of this game, I AM SO UTTERLY ADDICTED. I cannot get off this stupid game. I will not quit until I am a fully
qualified wizard.
May I also note that I am the only one of my order to have mastered my whole first year. I am the only one who can proudly say they sport both a silver and gold robe. Whatever I am to do with a gold robe I know not.
Oh and I can duel people but I just prefer to do a whole lotta lessons, so I waste all my skill points on that.
[please send me every spell gift avaliable. I want to catch them all. :( ]
My gosh, I am such a nerd.
I'm going to quit now before I show anymore of my nerdism.
-Me.
Pee.Ess.
Regarding: Kelly
SHE'S COMING HOME. YAY YAY YAY YAY. Life without Kelly is like the most massive hole in my soul. I write this because it rhymes like the times.
For some reason, I am totally in love with college. I dunno why to be honest, because there is no actual reason other than I'm incandescently happy when I am there. I do adore my classes (Ya'll, I'm better at a rapier than I thought.) theatre and otherwise. I make 100s on everything in communications, I'm a wiz at sociology, and I can actually move sort of in sync with everyone else. (Wait, WHAT?) Yadda, yadda, I'm a genius essentially, etc., etc.
I packed my lunch the other day because I was in school from 8 to 5 with no break (...ugh.) and it was the most adorable thing you've ever seen. I had my Mickey Mouse lunch box, with my Ariel sandwich box. Inside this box was a dinosaur shaped sandwich. I had a little giraffe container with grapes, Disney Princess fruit snacks and a juice box. I felt like I was 7, but it was worth it because it was delicious.
PS. My sandwich was peanutbutter and jelly. Mixed. To perfection.
Anyhoo, we had make up and we were dealing with crepe hair. A little known fact is that, other than my nudiphobia, I also have a fear of hair wads and or anything that has to do with fake hair. Abigail, when we were little, she would take it out of Barbie brushes and rub it all over my legs and it was the singularly most creepy thing ever. To reinforce this issue, she sends my pictures of hairwads. Gah, they are creepy. So in class I about had a conniption fit within, but I did it and it was gross, gross, gross and let's not talk about it anymore mkay?
Blegh *shiver*
So today in communications we had this little nugget on persuading things. I thought she wanted an actual cause on something to persuade. So I found an actual cause... I was pretty much the only one.
While everyone was doing speeches on flip flops, chapstick, Snuggies, boxer/briefs, iPhones vs Blackberries I got up there and did corporal punishment and how it should not be illegalized.
And then to pretty much go against everything I just said my teacher said to not spank a kid in public. Thanks.
Still made a 100. I'M LUCKY.
Speaking of Snuggies, I am now the proud owner of one. I really have two objectives in buying it: 1. it was on sale and it'll keep me warm, and 2. I want wear it and do a dance to Mika's Love Today (Google it. It's my theme song.).
I got mother one for Christmas. Hers is pink. Mine is blue. They really are worth the investment although I am going to lament to the Snuggie corporation that they need a snap upon the back because it keeps falling off my shoulders.
I also bought the mystery egg and you put it in water and it hatches some creature and you don't know what it is until it hatches, but mine was a dino. I was sad because I wanted a lizard or a duck, but i was just grateful that it wasn't a snake. I wouldn't have minded the gator so much though.
Back to persuasive speeches, I realized once on one wants to hear about corporal punishment I'm going to do my BIG persuasive speech one one thing: Don't read Twilight.
Which leads us right into...
Regarding: TWILIGHT.
So, why do I say this? Because of the negative messages it sends girls. And she actually is letting me do it. I'll try to ignore that I have read it. And that I love it. Hypocrisy is crazy. But, you know what, I have evidence (yes, like Academic Journals on the subject), so lets run with it.
New Moon is soon upon us. I have no idea when I'm going to see it, but I
Alice remains awesome. AWESOME. My gosh, I'm so excited to see her steal that porche. And be awesome. AWESOME.
Anyhoo, some links regarding the phenomenon:
New Moon Review
My hope has been renewed
Burger King and Twilight Join Forces: Because That Makes Perfect Sense
...okay, so I do want a crown.
Robert Pattinson Fan Hospitalized After Poster Fight
To quote the article: "We've witnessed first hand just how dedicated and, erm, excitable Robert Pattinson fans can be, but we're still shocked that one of them ended up in hospital after having a fight over a poster! A poster? Not even the real thing? Or a life-size cutout at least?"
It wasn't even for a twilight review. It was for some documentary called Robobsessed. Seriously.
Guys, my pity for Robert Pattinson is absolutely ridiculous. God bless him. Seriously. I would also like to note that I liked him back in HP years when he played Ced. I was in love with him then. When you sit through 3 hours of Vanity Fair at 1 in the morning so you can see the back of his head, I call that commitment. (Mind you, I was 15.) And I cry every time he dies in GoF. EVERYTIME. Especially when Amos is like, THAT'S MY SON. I mean, COME ON. If you don't cry at that, you have, literally, no heart.
I just don't like him as Edward as well. But he has been the sort of, bridge crossing between Harry and Twilight. So when the Twihards say "Well we have Robert Pattinson," we can be like, "um, so do we. Along with that we have an actual plot, an alternate world, likable and real characters, decent writing, plethoras of imagination, oh, and Alan Rickman."
At this point we are in the Department of Mysteries and we are stepping through door number whatever to go into:
Regarding: HARRY POTTER
So, *sigh* there is this application I have been introduced to multiple times on Facebook. It's like MobWars but a, *sigh* Harry Potter version.
Need I remind you all that I am amazing at MobWars (apparently humility is not my thing today.) but it has got rather tiring keeping up with it. After all, I don't really know anything about guns. And keeping up with the Mafia is really not so much my thing... but the game it's self is fun. Add these concepts with Harry Potter... genius.
This is called...wait for it...
The SCHOOL OF WIZARDRY.
*facepalm*
I have A LOT of issues with it. Firstly, does it take that much effort to call it "Hogwarts?" I know, I know, copyright infringement, etc, etc, but can you not smack a disclaimer on it? Have a page of advertisements to keep it up and running instead of having to buy those dumb hall passes. Speaking of which... hall passes? Really? House Points is more the token if you ask me. Just saying.
Adding to this, they can't say 'Hogwarts' but they can say, 'Diagon Alley,' 'Quidditch,' 'Tom Riddle,' and all the spell names? Perhaps my biggest moment of disgust was when I saw 'Platform 9 1/2.'
ARGH. If you HAVE to get creative with it at least call it 'Platform 9 6/8' OR SOMETHING. At least that reduces to 3/4. CREATIVITY YA'LL. IT'S DEAD.
Secondly, the lessons. I'm so glad I have to complete the lesson "Accept Letter To Hogwarts" 150 thousand times before I master it. Really? I can just see myself. "Finding letter, looking at address, open letter, read, dance of joy..." and I have to do it 150 thousand times. This doesn't make sense. It just, it just doesn't.
My suggestion is to do actual lessons that you would actually do more than once. Like the mastering of transforming a beetle into a button. It would take practice, so technically, an attempt would take 150 times and it WOULD MAKE SENSE.
But what throws me is the stuff I have to buy to even do half these "lessons." Like, why do I even need a Sorting Hat to try out for the Quidditch team? Or why do I need 5 wands or 4 robes. I can see why I would need multiple spells for SPELL POWA but, seriously, I just don't get it. I just, I just dont.
WHO EVEN OWNS 8 YEW WANDS IN THE WIZARDING WORLD. 8 YEW WANDS; TO THEMSELVES. NO ONE.
Why do I even need a yew wand? That's the VMasters wand.
What floors me the most is that I'm a third year and I already own 16 pieces of real estate. More importantly, when was buying real estate ever important in Harry Potter? Other than the Weasley Twins, it never was. And you can buy 10 of their jokeshops... for whatever reason.
Another thing that bothers me is that after a while you can upgrade your character, from the initial ones you have. The ones offered are Harry, Ron and Hermione. Ron was my choice, but with so many *scoff* hall passes you can upgrade. So, I know Draco is an option, but I have NO IDEA who the other four are supposed to be. This bothers me, because I'm like, the Harry Potter genius. Before you tell me who you think they are, I remind you that they are all Gryfindors. I would say the small girl was Ginny, but she looks more blonde so I simply do not know. IT'S KILLING ME.
Saying all this, and lamenting on how very much I hate the imprefections of this game, I AM SO UTTERLY ADDICTED. I cannot get off this stupid game. I will not quit until I am a fully
qualified wizard.
May I also note that I am the only one of my order to have mastered my whole first year. I am the only one who can proudly say they sport both a silver and gold robe. Whatever I am to do with a gold robe I know not.
Oh and I can duel people but I just prefer to do a whole lotta lessons, so I waste all my skill points on that.
[please send me every spell gift avaliable. I want to catch them all. :( ]
My gosh, I am such a nerd.
I'm going to quit now before I show anymore of my nerdism.
-Me.
Pee.Ess.
Regarding: Kelly
SHE'S COMING HOME. YAY YAY YAY YAY. Life without Kelly is like the most massive hole in my soul. I write this because it rhymes like the times.
No comments:
Post a Comment