As I sit in the office ordering scripts of things that aren't even available on Amazon (how is this possible?!) I write a blog at Nikki's insistence. Speaking of which, I just visited said page, and and the lipstick is ridiculous. For shame.
So, I start college for my 3rd year (!) the 23, and I have auditions the 28th. After the mega flop that was my first college audition that consisted of a harshly memorized monologue, a last minute head shot and comments that included "well, you have nice stage presence......," I am sort of nervous. BUT; after working my hardest on not being over the top, of channeling my energy and creating a character, I believe I will succeed. Especially with my latest success at obtaining the title character in The Diary of Anne Frank. I don't want to discuss that too much though; I'm afraid it might effect my over all humbleness. They say the meek shall inherit; therefore, I am dirt.
I believe I have found a way that acting actually works (for me) and it does not include objectives, unlike what college continually drills into you. I'm not against objectives; if they are your thing. But for me, personally, I do not go through my day thinking "I really desire this biscuit because it is buttery and warm, but I do not desire it because it will go to my hips." No, I just eat the biscuit and complain about my stummy hurting later. Do we go though our days, thinking why we do each and everything? No. Therefore I develop a character, and become said character and act accordingly.
At least it make sense to me. Experiment, I suppose?
Anyhoodle, at WCU they are doing 3 plays, none of them I've heard of, rationally, but I'm auditioning all the same. I have to have 2 monologues; one is the one from Anne Frank ("Look, Peter, the sky.") and the other one is... debatable. I think I'm going to do this one on why this guy should kill himself for a million dollars. That contrasts right?
I've been so busy pondering over all of this, working, eating Mrs. Reynold's candy, rehearsing and flirting (...) that I've hardly had time for anything else. Much less blogging; but I should be more patient and let people know that I am least alive.
So, as I hopefully get ready to eat lunch, I will leave you for now; because Abigail is waiting for me. I hate you all and I hope that you have a disastrous time.
-Me
No comments:
Post a Comment