That and they all look like soccer moms. And I hate babies/children. That's possibly the main reason. Actually that is the main reason. People are obsessed with babies, and they are just ugly little mini humans in my minds.
Or course, to all the above there is exceptions. I was an adorable baby. I love all my elementary school educators who didn't see me as an ugly little mini human. My best friend, bless, is an education major with a baby obsession. And I love her dearly, despite the fact that we have arguments over which is better; cats or babies.
P.S. It's cats.
I guess, really, in the baby/child mania of our present society, people oftentimes see only cuteness and this drives the thought of children doing anything bad away from an adults mind. It's a vicious cycle, really. Child rubs sandwich on body, people find it funny, but, "don't do it again, okay." Child thinks, "they find this funny," and they do it again, and again, and then it's not funny anymore, but the negative reaction has been set so they start doing more stuff and it's funny but then it's not, and it's a horrid cycle.
And I know Jesus said to love the little children. And I do love them; but I don't like them. At all. I know other people disagree; and that's your opinion. I hope you love children until you die.
Jenny, I hope you read this and relish in all of this and hopefully cry because it makes you sad that I dislike children so very much. I love it when I'm with all your education major friends and I talk about my baby hatred and they gasp and say "But, it's an ickle baby." And I say, "I don't care. I'm going to punch it in the face. Like you."
I don't dislike all children, though. I adore well behaved, not asking for my attention all the time, quiet children. Does such a thing exist? Yes, because I was one. Basically, I was the peak of perfection as a child. I was a mini adult. And I was a genius.
Now, where as I don't like children, I do love teenagers. Something about the angsty age of not knowing anything but thinking you do appeals to me (perhaps because I'm equally dramatic) and most people hate the age of teen. It takes all sorts of people to make up this world though. So regardless of the education majors invading MY CMC, I thank them and God for what they do because Providence knows that I would rather detach my legs and use them as crutches than look after one child for over 5 minutes.
-Me
1 comment:
I hope you end up with 20 kids, Rachel! :)
Post a Comment