13.1.09

Oh yeah, I was supposed to be reading my Psychology...

Ahhh, my first Acting class

woeirlewj, it was oddly, and most unexpectedly, amazing.  Guess that's what happens when you trust God to make it okay for you.  I was expecting to be surrounded by kids who floored me.  First off, only 10 in the class.  Secondly, the rough majority are technical.  Thirdly, I have more experience than any of them, and I am the only one who is part of a big important theatre troupe:  A little something called Overlook Theatre Company.  Besides, our stage kicks FPAC's any day.

To that, I mean the new one.  SMACPAC, not FAC.  

So, needless to say, I am super excited.  And Respect for Acting is optional reading (thankfully.) Even though I had Taylor's reassurance that it was a very helpful book:

Rachel snorts at her book "respect for acting."5:05pm - 3 Comments
 Taylor Bryson at 5:59pm January 8
that is a really good book
 Rachel Alford at 4:32pm January 9
Really? It's assigned, and I thought it would be a piece of "Acting. Is an Art." kind of crap, but you just gave me some hope.
 Taylor Bryson at 6:08pm January 9
no its a very useful book. alot of acting books are dont look at them as something that will be broing or typical..it really helped me get a grasp on my acting

But now that it is no longer mandatory, I still may pass.  Besides, I already have a method down.  It's called:  Get on stage and have a blast.  And sweat.  Lots of sweat.

Anyhoo, in classypoo we got in a circle and talked about ourselves, and I have to keep an Acting Journal and document the... discoveries in my acting each day.  I believe I am really going to like my teacher (of course, after what I am used to Voldemort would seem like a nice teacher) and he seems to know what he is doing.  Although I have my method doesn't mean I won't listen and try someone else's.  I'm glad I have it with a few people I know and we did all sorts of bonding activities today.  Our teacher said the best way to work is as a unit, and aye aye, I agree.  I mean, look at us.  We all do the plays and we also all go eat pizza and watch movies and don't play tricks on anyone and have bloggers and EVERYTHING.  Bonding.

Speaking of us, I went and visited the play site today.  Lots of fun fabric, fun with Scotty and Everett, fun anonymously sending Sam messages of this picture of Everett...



...fun sitting there doing nothing while everyone did something, fat jokes steered in my direction, seeing Paul F, eating clementines and everything else in sight, and I got to see what my jacket will look like:


And I want the blue beehive wig.  FYI.

Oh and I sent Troy a picture of his fabric because he pestered me all yesterday asking me if I had seen Scotty and his reply was simply:

Lol sweet

Nothing says "Thank you" like that.  I guess it's because he can't see the keys enough to txt out a decent response.
...I say that with love.

And get this... guess who wants to play the female werewolf in New Moon, which is the sequel to Twilight.



But I do like her jacket.  A lot.  Anyhoodle, I despise her in the HSM franchise (her, her character, her singing, everything) and for her to taint the presence of my favourite whack vampire obsession love series? 

NO.
-me
Pee.Ess.  REHEARSALS IN LIKE TWO HOURS AHH.

No comments: