This is a beautiful morning. It reminds me of the simple pleasures of high school. I remember running for milk in the morning, one in each hand for Scotty's cereal. Everyone would watch and shake their heads or laugh. It's now a general joke to get me to run. The weather is super pleasant and the only thing missing is my old friends and Robbie's closet that I need to clean out. Again.
My acting class is going relatively well. My acting teacher told me he was disappointed because we got into character but didn't get in the character. It's hard to explain but he wants us to literally become that person. He also noted that some of us were way too cartoonish (which I think he means too much energy and too "big") and to that I guffaw for we all know that "do it big" is the motto of life (not to mention it makes more sense.) I'm not sure what's going on... but I like our way better.
He also has told me that I was too perky. Hm...
And we did this game. What you had to do was lay down on the ground and relax while your partner felt all over you helping you with "tension." I know I was supposed to relax but it's awful hard to when you are trying your hardest to look serious. I daresay I felt a little violated.
Before class though, I dropped by Uncle Scotty's and watched some skits. I happened to record this one of dearest Jonathan:
I just adore the ending. Then I was off to Acting to be violated then I came back to see Scotty again. I walked into his third period and I saw Jennifer who actually bear gripped me, and I commented that black made her look slim but threw in some fat jokes all the same. She informed me that she had lost weight and to that I received a "well Rachel found it." Jerk. Then Ric hit me with his marble track pole and in the corner I saw him give Everett a high five.
I then sewed some buttons on Nikki's costume and ate about fifty chocolate squares. Alex decided she would rather put thread on a shirt than art so she showed up and we all talked a lot. Everett stole my glasses and made good use of them:

Which was so phenomenally adorable that a picture was taken. I then finished and school was out. Lori (Kelly's sister) came in waiting for Kelly who then showed up and this is where the fun begins. Kelly drew me an amazing picture of me as a star killing people (their were carcasses surrounding me) and Everett wrote me a charming poem that ends in "if you would lose 50 pounds then you wouldn't be so round." We all decided to go waste time together so we got in Sev and went. But first we had to drop of Lori at the health department.
So I wasn't quite sure where to go so they were directing me and they told me to turn and I accidently went in the wrong lane. So I just go over the median and drive on until Kelly and Everett notice that there is a cop behind me (no blue lights mind you.) So I keep driving and park at the health dept. and Lori gets out and we sit there and next thing I know I have this lady cop at my window. She tells me that I need to pay more attention to the road and less to my friends. Not only that but she says it super cocky and the ironic thing is that my friends were paying attention to the road as well and helping me with it. Kelly said I was pitiful and to make me feel better she sat up front with me and we left Everett in the back where he belonged. We then went to Wal*Mart and bikes were rode in the aisle and a hula hoop tournament went on. And we looked at an Obama book. Blegh.
I was hungry so we went to Dairy Queen where Everett and I bashed every one of Kelly's lovely beliefs (bible style) and it was sort of like a dog chasing its tail. We then left, and Everett taught me how to use my cruise button (because I suck at driving apparently) and we went to the play ground where we climbed up the slide and then went down it, see sawed, spider swung, (not very successfully. Poor Kelly.) and did lots more. It was great fun.
Onto rehearsal which was fun (the best part is to watch us bird girls scamper across backstage at mach speed.) This part is one of the most fun parts ever. I love to dance but not only do I get to dance I get to be a diva as well. We discussed getting matching underwear with "Bird Girl" on the butt and we then had some lovely conversations about everything. I believe this is going to be an amazing play. Robbie had some footage of the whole thing and I told him he should make a whole video of it and hand it out to us all. It would be amazing.
Oh and Chris showed up and we all had great fun talking about Western and old plays we all did together. Kelly and Chris talked about their wonderful moments while dancing and it was hilarious. Brianna and I then talked about life and it was deep. Fun, fun, fun. :)
And this Friday I have a birthday party to look forward to. Someone turned extremely old and someone else is youthful so good day to them. Pizza and movie is my style. :)
-Me
1 comment:
Rachel - leave me your cell phone number sometime so we can chat. I think it might be fun to go to lunch/hot chocolate one Saturday, if you're not too terribly busy.
Post a Comment