So, yesterday I went to French table, and I must say, I'm enamored. Not by speaking the language, no. No, I'm enamored by the gorgeous French-Canadian who runs the French table. Alas, how he kept looking at me; but that might be because I was activating my coy looks. I set the score straight in the beginning; I am atrocious at speaking French. And he understood. We talked about Harry Potter - en francais. Nothing quite as romantic as talking to a handsome man about the most beautiful subject on earth in the language of love.
At the end he was asking for a ride to his suite (in general - not directly to me), but I couldn't take him because I wanted to go to rehearsals. In retrospect, how very silly of me to refuse. All the same, one very eager and assertive young lady received the honour, and I walked off as he told me bye.
Le sigh. Methinks I am in love. The decision has been made; French tables are now a regular part of my week. Bad new though; all the other ladies are after him. BUT, not all of them are experts in the delicate art of man-entrancing.
Are you feeling entranced yet? Quick, scroll away before you endanger yourself.
Rehearsals were good last night. I didn't have to go; but I decided I would so I would look dedicated or whatever. I saw the whole show for the first time. And I have a few things to say.
These kids do know how to act. Like the serious type of acting that I am not so good at. They are getting better about being clean and crisp and what not. Energy was low last night; could be better. Pace Monster still hasn't made his appearance yet. But they are getting it. Now, as for the show itself... its very, very, dirty. Like, you're supposed to laugh at it, but you're too busy feeling embarrassed to laugh. Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's my weird sense of humor. I will say I believe it is Divine Providence that I did not get cast. Because, at the end of the day, I would feel awfully guilty about doing such pieces.
Although I was unaware that I wasn't on the running crew, I was asked yesterday if I would be on it. Funny, because since school started I've been counting on being on the running crew for my credits. It's just me and Jacklyn on the running crew, so I have a feeling that it is going to be quite fun.
In general, I'm kind of looking forward to everything. Although it is a dirty show, I don't have to do it, per say. I'm really making quite a few friends now, so it's gone from an awkward experience to an enjoyable one. Today we hung lights; they were done by 1 o'clock, just as I had predicted. I cut some gels, which was harder than I expected. I also cleared a spot on the loading dock, and sort of swept with Chris, (sort of), and then we moved furniture. Afterwards, we went to Chic-Fil-A and then we went to the library, where we gossiped about stuff and ate. It was like being back at work. :) Just w/o the crying in front of the fridge in the laundry room.
Once I will be talking about this show a lot for the next couple of weeks, here are a few pictures to help with your visualization:
Chris as a caveman. He's actually shirtless in that leopard thing, or at least he was last night...
This is Tara. I actually really like her, because she has always made a point to talk to me. She's also highly sarcastic, and a nerd, and in that aspect, we click like doves. If dove clicked. This scene is called 'The Sheep.' I'm not going to explain it because it might be the worst of them all.
This is Little Brown Strauss Christina. I only post this picture because I think she looks just like Susan Brown Strauss. Actually, it's kind of scary. I may post a comparison photo one day. Just because he's in the picture, I'll mention him, that's Drake, and he's pretty good. For some reason, he's shirtless in most scenes. I dunno why.
For now, that is it. I'm here at WCU until late, late, late, so between now and later, something might happen. Meh, dunno. Enjoy life, be young and stay out of trouble. And be careful to collect yourself before you go out in public because you still are a little dazed from my entrancing photo.
-Me
Pee.Ess. Nevermind his name is Drew. Whatever, I don't care about people and their names.




No comments:
Post a Comment